Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jacob Is Coming Home!

I can't believe I am writing this! God, you are so good! It was literally the day I wrote my last post on hope that Jacob called me to tell me that they were sending him home off the Pittsburgh project. He had done all that he could and they needed someone with a different expertise to finish this part of the project. SO in 48 hours, he will be here in my arms and my prayer is that we can go back to being "full-time" married people! Certainly, I am his wife all the time, but what I mean is now we can sleep in the same bed every night and not just three nights a week! Now, we can wake up together every morning! I can't wait to watch him put a tie on for work! Or maybe one Saturday we can actually do something together other than watch him work. I know this sounds silly, but the last four months have been super hard. I have never seen a man work so hard, spending every weekend pining away at the millions of items on his "to-do for work" list. I have prayed and begged God to some how bring him home, even though I honestly felt like I was asking for something impossible. I mean, how could anyone find a job in this economy with everyone on a hiring freeze? Oh, but our Lord is mighty and is bigger than a lost economy. He brought him home in a way I never thought possible! Praise you Lord!

Now, we are still trusting that God is in all things and will continue to hold us up. There is always a possibility that he could be sent on another out of town project meaning six months away starts over. There is always the worry that he could lose his job, as we watched 75,000 jobs go yesterday. But my heart and everything in me says, "trust." BE STILL AND KNOW....


Please keep us in your prayers. We serve a God who is capable of the incapable, He is limitless in the midst of limits, he is El Shaddai, all-sufficient! I can honestly say that I have felt Him so close to me these last months. I feel His power and I see it displayed in answered prayers. I am not afraid, I keep holding on to His promises. "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus."

2 comments:

APage said...

Amen Precious Sister! AMEN! I know what you mean about full time wife:) and I rejoice with you! I continue to pray for you all and trust God for His Will for your lives and marriage, all gifts from His hand are good, not matter what they look like immediately to us.

Becky Kiser said...

praying for you today. i had no clue you were going through that. it's great to find you blog.