Many of you know that Jacob and I started a special diet back in June. We started this because I was really struggling with my health and looking for a natural way to control my stomach disease. Having the disease for 15 years, I was tired of the medicines that were used to treat it. I began to pray again that I could find a "natural way" to control and maybe even put this disease in remission for good. Even my doctor didn't believe this was possible. I began to really pray for an answer from the Lord because I had to do something or I would have to take the drugs the doctor wanted me to take. It has been a long time since I had ordered any new reading on Crohn's, so I typed in the words "Crohn's Disease" on Amazon and there staring back at me was Ginny Harper's book. I ordered it right away, and checked the mail everyday until it arrived. As soon, as it came I didn't put it down. Her story was painfully familiar and Ginny suffered so much through her young adult life, but her father introduced her to the diet and it changed her life. I went to TN and stayed with this wonderful lady who's book was titled, Controlling Crohn's Disease: The Natural Way. She has such a ministry to sick and hurting people. I was overwhelmed by all the stories I heard there of hope and healing. My own health improved dramatically while there, and I finally learned what was causing all of my issues. I felt like my eyes had been opened. Everything I thought about Western medicine was shared by others who had truly been let down by their doctors. People with all kinds of ailments had walked through the doors of Ginny's Center, cancer, stomach issues, weight issues, the list goes on and on.
The word "macro" means full and "bio" means life, full life! Isn't that what God has called us to! Please know that I am not on a soap box of any kind. This diet isn't weird or wacky to us because it makes sense for my body and my health has improved dramatically. Maybe it isn't for everyone because it requires people to drastically change their eating habits. I think the basis of this diet is simple for anyone to follow, everything in moderation, eat with the seasons (no watermelon in winter), and when you are feeling bad "eat in the middle" as much as possible. This means eating whole grains (brown rice, barley, corn, whole oats, etc.), beans, green leafy veggies, and other vegetables. Eat organic as much as you can, avoid refined and processed foods and foods packed with preservatives. There is so much more to all of this, so I will have to blog more about it, but in studying this I have really had my eyes opened to how the food I used to eat affected my health and well-being.
Jacob lost 30 lbs from the diet along with running and he will tell you that he feels amazing! I have my health back and my God to thank for that. I believe 100% that He led us on this path. I have used other alternative things in conjunction with the diet. There isn't a day that I am not praising God for answering my prayer.
2 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing this. I have a similar disease (they had originally thought was Chrons). I have been so frustrated for the past 9 years and had 12 surgeries and countless other treatments. I am at my wits end with this. I've been research natural ways to heal this! I'm checking out the website today. Could you get together sometime and talk more about it? Email me: beckyjkiser@gmail.com
I found your blog through Allison White's while I was bored at work. Does the diet work for Chrons? I was diagnoised with it a few weeks ago and am on all kinds of medicine.
Post a Comment