Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our Hope Endures

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for & certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

I feel like God is reminding me of hope lately. Do I have enough faith? In the midst of trials and storms, am I putting my hope in Him? Am I declaring that truth? Am I shouting that from the mountain tops? Hope is a spiritual gift, one of the three virtues, next to faith and love. I feel as though I need to preach it to myself everyday, my hope in Christ has to be maintained. I have borrowed this definition of Biblical hope from John Piper, "biblical hope is not just a desire for something good in the future, but rather, biblical hope is: a confident expectation and desire for something good in the future." It's saying this will happen!

"We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek." Hebrews 6:18-20 (The Message)

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I hope." Psalm 130:5

I can hope in His Word and find hope in His Word as I wait for Him.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." Romans 15:13

I believe God is mighty and I cling to His promises. Hope and faith are synonymous. Hope looks towards the future, directed by faith. I have so many hopes, esp. now during this season of struggle. I miss my husband desperately and I hope that the Lord can make another way so we can be together. I have hope for children. I have hope that God will use my life for His glory.

No comments: