Monday, February 2, 2009

One Year!

What a milestone! I can't believe we've been married for one year. It's amazing!

This year has been the best year of my life, as well as the hardest. As much as I wish I could say we had a wonderful year, we had a tough year, but it was still such a blessed year.

Let me recount the blessings of God:

1) My health went from being the poorest it's ever been to now where I am the healthiest I have ever been.
2) Our wedding day was spectacular and I will never forget the fun, joy, and love I felt that day.
3) We had a rough honeymoon, but an amazing redo honeymoon in California.
4) We got our two little blessings, Bailey and Lola who make us laugh and who are always thrilled to see us.
5) I have learned more in the my first year of marriage about trusting God when it's hard to see what lies ahead than I did my whole Christian life.
6) I am more in love with Jacob than I have ever been. He's such a rock and an encourager. What a precious gift he is to me.
7) The time that Jacob was gone made me treasure every moment with him. We spent a Sunday evening enjoying each other instead of saying goodbye. We got ready for work together today and drove in together. How awesome it was!
8) My love for the Lord has grown deeper as I have learned what it means to "become one flesh."
9) The relationship between my Jacob and my parents has grown significantly. They deeply love him and cherish him as a son-in-law.
10) I see God's hand in our lives and I feel that he is doing something in us and through us. It's such a peace to be in His will.


I love you Jacob Martin, thank you for pursuing me from the very beginning, for romancing me, and for giving me the moon!

No comments: