
I made this for dinner last night, it was really good! I made it in under 30 minutes, so it's good when you need something fast. I am going to try and hit up the Farmer's Market for organic produce this weekend. I will let everyone know how it fairs.
Needed:
4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
150z can of sodium free black beans rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp of canola oil
2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of dried oregano
1 cup of diced onion
1 cup of shredded mozarella cheese (I use the vegan mozerella, but if you can have dairy, get the best mozarella)
1 cup of fresh salsa
1 lb of swiss chard chopped (I used about four big leaves)
4 tsp of minced garlic
bunch cilantro chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 and spray each side of the tortillas with cooking spray. Cook for 8-10 minutes on a cookie sheet, until crispy. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a skillet on medium high heat, add onion and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the beans, paprika, and oregano and turn heat down to medium and cook for about 10 minutes. I addded the cheese in after 8 minutes. Chop the swiss chard and heat the other tbsp of oil in another skillet and add garlic. Cook until garlic begins to brown, then add chard and cover for 5 minutes. Top the tostadas with the cheesy-beans, garlic-greens, salsa, cilantro, and whatever else you desire.
These are colorful and really good for you! Best of all, its fast! Enjoy!
1 comment:
They sound WONDERFUL! I can't wait to try them:)
Post a Comment