I've been MIA on the blog world lately. Work has been really busy and I am holding on for dear life as I make it to the end of the month. Praying things slow down!
We still don't know where my husband's next project is going to be, there is an inkling that it will be here, but we don't want to get too excited yet.
I have been having some tests run a the doc, so it's been a little crazy with that as well. God is good though and we trust Him completely.
I feel God's hand resting over us in uncertain times. He's really deepening our faith, which is a beautiful thing....yet sometimes we feel the sandpaper of His love scratching away the rough spots and it hurts! We believe that everything we go through is to bring Him glory and it's our vow to make it so.
A couple Sundays ago, we were sitting in church. Unlike most Sundays, where worship begins with an upbeat, on-your-feet song, this service began with the lights low and the music quiet and reverent. I took this time to be still and to pray in my seat. Let me digress, the prior week was a rough one and I really felt hard-pressed and somewhat defeated, emotionally exhausted if you will. On the way home Friday, I prayed and asked the Lord to bless me. Yep, sure did. "Lord, I need something, I need to know you're near!" Friday night sent me into another shock wave and it was far from a blessing. I felt totally deserted. I wept in my husband's arms for the second week in a row. I asked the Lord to make me brave, to give me more strength, more faith. Back to Sunday at church, there I am worshipping, praying, head in my hands. As clear as day I heard Him say, "Dance!" I picked my head up and looked around as though I expected it came from somewhere else or that He wanted me to start dancing. "Daughter, dance!" "Dance in sorrow, dance in pain, dance in joy." "Dance!" "Remember, I can do IMPOSSIBLE things." By this time, I am literally weeping. The kind where your body shakes and you need to blow your nose ASAP, yes that kind. Luckily, I composed myself before the lights came up and I didn't have to get up and leave. On the drive home I told Jacob what had happened. He quickly reminded me that the Lord had sent His blessing, His voice......in His time! He sent this gift on the Sabbath, a day to rest and remember, a day to worship and sing praise. As Jacob reminded me, it wasn't just a command, it was a promise! I will dance! That night, I referenced every verse with the word "dance". I had to take a breath. Two key verses used the word dance as an opposite to mourning. God was promising me that He would remove my sackcloth, my mourning and that I would dance.
"A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance" Ecc. 3:4
"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever!" Psalm 30:11-12
So my friends, wherever today finds you. I pray that you dance...dance in sorrow, dance in pain, dance in joy! Just dance.
1 comment:
What an amazing entry! God is good and understands our heartache! He always come through when we just pour our heart out to Him - God always tells me to dance and rejoice in him - like a declaration of His goodness over my life!
Post a Comment