I leave Thursday morning for Tennessee to see my dear friend and macrobiotic counselor, Ginny Harper. The last time I saw her, June 2008, I was very ill and the Lord brought her into my life in His perfect timing and used her skills and care to help me turn my health around. We've never been the same. I am really excited to see her and spend some time picking her brain as I further my studies in naturopathic and holistic health and healing. I also need to make some adjustments in my own health and know she will have plenty of advice. I also get a break from cooking, well....I have to be in the kitchen with her because I soak up everything she says and am hoping for some new tricks, but I will definitely eat well. The greater purpose of this trip is for my soul. I need some restoration, some physical and emotional healing, and just some time alone with the Lord......away from the "noise". I know He has great plans, as I prepare my heart to meet with Him in the beautiful scenery and hills of Franklin. It's been quite a road these past months, and I know that purposeful, restorative time is necessary and an absolute gift from God. My heart longs to be still and quiet before the Lord. I have found that through all of the circumstances surrounding us lately, I have been unable to truly sit in His presence and "dine" at His table and listen for His voice. The voice of the Most High, who still speaks.....if we will only listen.
"In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15
It excites me to think about what He has for me the five days I am away. I believe I will truly see that "His mercies are new every morning." I believe He will restore my health fully, giving me incredible energy, a renewed mind, and clarity. I know he will sustain me and comfort me, allowing a great healing in my heart. There are some things I know I need to work through and let Him reveal to me in His gentle way. There are some places of hurt that His healing hands need to touch, not without a few tears. Friends, I am so ecstatic about this break. Please lift us up in your prayers when you think about it. Pray for Jacob and I as we are apart for 10 days, time of rejuvenation for him as well as he stays in Chicago. Pray for my poor in-laws who get stuck with the pups. Pray for rain......His soul-quenching showers of love, affection, and peace as we offer ourselves, broken and tired, in need of the Master's touch.
I can't wait to share what God does!
2 comments:
I will DEFINITELY be praying!! He is going to heal you, I know it!!
Find rest my friend! Love K.
Post a Comment