Tuesday, May 12, 2009

He is Faithful!

I was looking back through the post list and stumbled upon this post that I wrote a little over a year ago.

http://jandcmartin.blogspot.com/2008/04/oh-come-let-us-worship.html

Wow, what a year! WOW, wow, wow! What a place we were in just one year ago. I flipped back in my journal to those months of suffering, refining, trusting, and waiting. The subject lines were all the same, so much pain and times of pleading with Him, begging. Here we sit a year later, different growing pains, but the SAME faithful Savior! Words can't do justice to what God has done in my life, my heart, and my body. Jacob and I are changed people, and I say hallelujah for it!

I was asking then for a miracle that was 15 years in the making, I was Jacob wrestling with God for as blessing, and boy did i get what I asked for! Isn't that incredible?! Our Savior blesses His children and more importantly, He LOVES to bless them. I am utterly humbled, totally and completely enthralled with my Jehovah Rapha, my Healer! My friends, as you can see from that post, I changed my prayers and in turn He changed my heart. I didn't look at a divine healing as impossible, just not something God wanted for me. I had accepted my thorn long ago. I believed that like Paul He could take it away, but deep down I believed He wasn't going to. Oh ME of little faith!!! Oh God over impossibilities, grace overflowing, and miracles in 2008.

We don't SEE friends, BUT we believe....isn't that the real beauty of this life? I would not have needed to trust like I had to, hand held to the fire, unrelenting in my pursuit of needing and desiring Him more than I needed food to eat! Faith looks deeper. We see the darkness of the outside, but God is looking on the inside. Lord, thank you! Thank you for teaching me about faith and for the story of the hemorrhaging woman. Thank you for her faith, many, many years ago to be an example for this woman now whose soul was hemorrhaging.


This verse has been one of my favorites, I even double underlined it in my Bible.


"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10-11 (emphasis mine)


Notice the word himself, He's the one who will turn the tables, He's the one who makes "all things new." He's the one who allows the sufferings, gives us the strength to endure, and the grace to wobble on through it, making a few messes, and coming out just a little closer to looking more like His Son!
My friends, when God doesn't answer you or send His blessing, but instead pours the rain, keep on believing. Believe in His Word. Trust in His promises. Keep looking up. Have faith!


"Often God delays purposely, and the delay is just as much an answer to your prayer as is the fulfillment when is comes."

1 comment:

Emily K said...

hey cristina! i providentially stumbled on your blog today and i'm so glad i did. i really needed to read this.

blessings,
e