I have had some issues with my health recently, that have brought us to our knees. Honestly, it's been a trying time, my heart has been heavy and my mind spinning. The week of the procedure (last week), God was pouring out peace over our household as we prepared for it on Thursday. I felt His Spirit resting over me...not that I was going into the procedure expecting a "clean bill" of health, God was actually preparing me to know it wouldn't be, but He was speaking the truth of His sovereignty and love and mercy over me. What a song that is! I can't say I kept that same peace after the procedure, the enemy brought fear into my heart and "my eyes were dim with grief." There was great concern from my doctor, with a desperate need to get things under control. I struggled....honestly I really longed for heaven. Jacob began to intercede for me, the Lord was using him to speak into my heart and encourage like no one else could. I am still in awe of God's perfect choice in a husband for me! I am amazed as I have watched my man grow in the Lord and be "kept in His perfect peace."
As I was laying in bed one night, the Lord reminded me of something......"increase your faith my child." I remembered the hemorrhaging woman's story.....for 12 years she had been bleeding, considered unclean, an outcast of society. Surely she was weak, probably severely anemic. She had spent all she had on doctors and was only worse, no cure was in sight. She must have been tired.....I can relate. She knew this man Jesus was in town, and taking the risk, she went out into the busy streets to find him. "If I can only touch His clothes, I will be healed." What a faith! Had she seen the Lord performing miracles, or just heard the rumors? It was all she had left. The greatest part is that crawling on the ground, she makes her way to Jesus and reaches for the edge of his robe and immediately the bleeding stops, and it says, "that she felt in her body, that she was healed." Jesus, even as a man, feels the supernatural power leave him, and looks around for who has touched him. Upon finding her, she trembles in fear, yet he calls her "daughter" and tells her that her FAITH has healed her and to "go in peace and be freed from her suffering."
As many people know that have suffered health issues with themselves or a family member, when you're sick.....you are forced to give up control and if you're a believer, all you're left with is your faith. God reminded me in that spot, that I have quit praying for healing, not because I believe our Lord's not capable, but because I believe it wasn't in His plan for me. It's been 15 years, I quit praying it years ago. Why? Why not, pray in faith for healing? Am I afraid I'll be disappointed if he doesn't? "Daughter, your faith has healed you." I need to live with that kind of faith...I am limiting God if I don't. God is big, he still heals people even today!! If he heals me, i will praise His name and if He doesn't I will still praise His name!
Oh come let us worship the King!
2 comments:
Hi Cristina! I just found your blog. You will be in my prayers!
Sis thank you for writing about the work God has been doing in your heart and life. He is truly so faithful and it is good to praise Him together! I'm continually praying for you and Jacob and for God's continued grace over you even as He takes you deeper in relationship with Him and in your marriage!
Post a Comment