Time for my first blog ever! That's a lot of pressure. :)
I hope I can use this to share our lives with others, and grow as we ponder what God is doing in our lives, what he's teaching us, where he's leading us, etc. I'll start by giving updates of the last two months of being married:
It's been awesome, challenging, a blast! Most know that I got incredibly ill on our honeymoon. Come on! How mad was I?! How amazing was my husband! If there ever was a time for us to grow as one, it was then. Our vows never rang more true, as he picked me up off the floor and held me as I wept. He was actually sick the first couple of days, which allowed me to spend some amazing alone time with God and remember the blessing of our wedding day and all that the Lord did. I landed in the hospital our first night back (which was Saturday), Jacob didn't leave my side until 5am Monday morning when he left for work, and he was back to pick me up at 5:30 that evening. I had a lot of time to think, to process being angry, weeping, questioning God's motives in my circumstances. Through it all I learned that my husband would always be there, and that despite the guilt I felt for ruining his "perfect" honeymoon, he couldn't have loved me more as he battled with his own hurt for my circumstances. He stood by me, and "prayed without ceasing." I was challenged in his peace, to "seek peace and pursue it" myself.
Anyways, we're (more me) finally back to normal and enjoying life as married peeps. God is doing amazing work in both of us, and using each other to see what needs to look more like Him.
There's a lot of big decisions ahead, it feels so grown-up, sometimes I tell Jacob that I miss being young and carefree. It seems like life was easier when you just got up and went to school every day and your biggest decisions came in the lunch line. Jacob is working through his job situation currently, seeking God to know if he should leave and what he should do. We are praying about buying a house, where we should buy specifically and the logistics involved. We are praying about the future. It's a lot, but great things.
I recently started back with the band, I missed them a lot! I've been away since December, so I could focus on planning the wedding and my husband. It's been really hard, but necessary. Our church is about to step into a time of change, as we move into three venues each Sunday, while our sanctuary is being remodeled. It means three live bands, and lots of early Sundays. I am overjoyed and honored to serve. I feel like Satan would so love to get a foot in this, even in my own heart using any measure he can to distract from God's glory. I know that it will require much, and a constant denial of self or anything in me that desires anything less than Christ to do His perfect will. I am praying for the Lord to be honored above all else.
We're really enjoying this season of our lives, there are no "do-overs", so our prayer is that we really take each day captive and live it for Christ and eternity.
1 comment:
I tagged you on my blog. You and Jacob both need to do it! =)
Post a Comment