It was such an awesome time of rest for us, as well as Jacob's 29th birthday so we made it a good weekend. Thursday afternoon we met with a new doctor. I am pretty skeptical of doctors these days. In my 15 years of health problems, I have had my fair share of "poor practicing." We really prayed as we have sought a doctor for help, left another to see this guy. Can I just tell you that God blew us away! This man, who we found out while we were there is a believer, spent almost an hour with us in his office. That's just unheard of! He was thorough and he actually listened to us and didn't discredit all the research I had done, but completely agreed with me. Praise the Lord! All I can say! I left that appt. filled with even more hope and absolutely giddy! I was thanking the Lord as I drove from the medical center down the freeway towards home. I was so overwhelmed that all I could get out, over and over, was "thank you Lord, thank you!"
About three exits before I mine, I noticed an 18 wheeler. This is nothing out of the ordinary for Houston traffic. I can see as I get closer that there are words painted on the back of the cab. In all caps, here's what I read that took my breath away, "BE ENCOURAGED." Oh Lord, I am! I quickly and carefully snapped a picture with the phone, so I could remember this little gift.
"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thess 2:16
He's such an amazing God, who even today still sends us words of hope and encouragement. Friends, I encourage you today to not miss out on the Savior's voice. It's all around us, but we miss it because everything else in our lives is too loud. I am the worst offender. I can be so like Martha, who's doing everything BUT sitting at the feet of my Lord. Oh Lord, that I might be STILL and listen for you. He speaks through others, through His precious Word, in the stillness of a glorious day, and even on 18 wheelers. I am grateful.
Be encouraged.
2 comments:
Thank you for your encouraging words! I'm so glad you've found a good doctor. I'm keeping you in my prayers and I pray for your continued improvement in your health!
You have a beautiful blog- I'm adding you to our "roll!" :) Looking forward to dinner soon!
Post a Comment