Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gratitude

Thanksgiving, a time to reflect, a time to remember, a time to recall, recount, and recharge.


So many things I am thankful for this holiday, my first holiday with my wonderful husband.


I am incredibly grateful for my health, each day brings new healing, renewal, strength, joy, hope, and perspective. I can't take one day of energy for granted. I feel like a new woman with enough energy to outlast even my husband. God is so good. The Lord has provided people in my life to help me get well, it's amazing!


I am grateful for my family and for my new family. We spent T-day with Jacob's parents this year and his mother and I cooked up a storm. I think we even killed her new ovens. What a sweet memory it will always be, and hopes for many more to come. We each prayed at dinner, and she prayed for my Mimi and cried as she prayed. She is close to my grandmother, as everyone that meets Mimi falls in love with her. Overall, it was a success with a Christmas movie to top off the evening. What a blessing it is to have such wonderful inlaws.

This was the first Thanksgiving my family has been apart, my brother in Utah with his wife, and mom and dad at the hospital with Mimi. What a precious thing my mother did for her sweet mom, made her favorite meal and brought her china to MD Anderson for a Thanksgiving meal.


I am grateful for our new family addition, Bailey. He and Lola certainly entertain us and keep us on our toes. It's like sibling rivalry with our dogs. I am so thankful they are here to keep me company as Jacob is traveling.


I am grateful for my country, for the freedoms that I don't even think twice about, but exercise daily. I am thankful that God is in control and that He's calling His children to him in America and countries who don't have religious freedom. I am thankful that for now we still say, "one nation under God."


I am thankful for my husband, for his ability to love me like no one else can. I am thankful that he gets me and cherishes me and every quality of mine. I am thankful for how hard he works and how he provides for us. I am thankful that he sees the woman that I can be and encourages me to love Christ more. I am blessed by his joy, strength, and love.


I am thankful for God's redemption in my life. I am thankful for the cross and salvation, all which I could not obtain on my own. I am thankful for grace that abounds. I am thankful for tender mercies and that He longs for me. I am thankful that he is the great romancer, and speaks to my heart with words that fill me with joy and strength. I am thankful that he loves me deeply and laughs when I laugh, weeps when I weep. He is good, he is faithful, he is worth everything.

No comments: