Monday, August 11, 2008

Refiners Fire

So much going on in our lives. It hasn't been the easiest season, but wow our marriage has been strengthened. I feel like this is all I blog about, so please don't think that we don't have some amazing things going on in the Martin household. We have much to be thankful for! I just feel that I should share these things, in hopes that they encourage someone reading. So many people I know are going through hard things. It seems like our first response is to wonder what God is doing. In our flesh, we wish that this hadn't been part of the plan. I don't think asking, "why" is a sin or shows a lack of trust in any way. Our Lord called out from the cross, "my God my God why has Thou forsaken me?!" A very human response to his heart's agony. It becomes sin when we begin to resent God and doubt His love for us. Look back to the fall, the great sin of Adam and Eve...believing God was cheating them of something. Sin enters because they listened to the enemy and chose the lesser.



I know without a doubt my suffering is in His plan, and He gently whispers over and over, "trust me." Who am i to question or doubt what He's doing in me? How He'll use this pain one day hopefully to bless and encourage. As I've pondered the lessons to learn, I know He's calling me more to eternal things, as this world will only disappoint, so I will "press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Everything He does is weighed and measured for our eternal good. Lay it all down. "Lord you have assigned me my portion and my cup, and have made my lot secure." This is my cup, my portion. My lot is secure. What peace in that, He's in control! I know the Enemy longs to disquiet my peace, he's trying so very hard to push his silly lies. Has your Lord abandoned you? Does He really have your best in mind? Why would a loving God allow this? No, never! I will never stop praising and I will never turn back.


For now, I will walk into the Refiners fire and trust.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I was just thinking about you yesterday. I hadn't seen you guys in class at church and was wondering if yall went to a different class. Hope all is well with you and Jacob!!