I can't believe it happened so fast! We found out Friday that we were accepted to the agency we applied with. Yes, Lord! It was such an added blessing to our already planned date night! So, now begins the process. We head to Fort Worth on March 25th for an all day orientation on the 26th. Then the next step will be to start our home study and work on the scrapbook for birth moms to look through. We've also been brainstorming ways to raise funds. The total cost is going to be between $20,000-$30,000. We believe God to provide in ways unimaginable! In fact, I am planning on Him totally blowing us away! One plan is to have a garage sale and have friends and family donate their used stuff. Send me an email if you'd like to help with that.
This is such an amazing, humbling journey. We feel the peace of God and trust Him totally. He's been stripping away so much of my fears and my...well...junk. It's been so hard letting go of the fear that we may never have biological children. Who cares. We'll have one cool family brought together by the perfect, sovereign will of God!! I love it...love the thought, love the picture in my heart that he's given me. Again, here I am pondering the most precious things in my heart. He's been declaring peace as I try not to be afraid of the possibility of having a mom change her mind. We'll get through it, we'll be ok. Last night in class, we were talking about how Romans 8:28 is undeniable truth...He truly is "working ALL THINGS for our good." Every deep, deep hurt and loss....for our good. This, right here, right now...definitely for our good and for the good of a precious, precious life that we can't wait to teach about a Savior who is good.
4 comments:
I have been clinging to that promise lately, too. Can't wait to see the awesome good that He has in store for us!
My dear friend! I am so blessed to know and hear of all good news. Don't be afraid! God is with you, with us. The thought of never having biological children also scares me, and I am constantly asking my husband if he thinks God would be kind enough to provide us with our own lil minnie me's, but like you if God chose to not do so and have us adopt that too would be an amazing blessing. I know though deep in my heart that you and I will have biological children, and your adopted kids are going to love their lil brother or sister. I will always keep you in my prayers, in my thoughts, thank you Cristina for being there for me, I know I have not introduced myself face to face, but your spirit fills me with joy and you taking time to contact me when I felt like I was the only one facing a loss, was so sweet. I have not met such great friends and sisters in Christ like you and Karrie. I can't wait to rejoice with you when you get a call that so many women have chosen you and your hubby to be the amazing parents they are looking for their children, the lil ones God has chosen for you to adopt are going to be so blessed to have such wonderful and caring parents. You and Jacob are such great people. You will be so BLESSED! I would love to help/volunteer to help with donations or what-ever else you need. I will ask friends if they have anything they would like to donate wether for the G-sale or money. Let me know when you are planning of doing the G-sale that way my hubby and I can make a trip and help you sell sell sell. :))
Cassie
This is so exciting. I'm following your journey closely because my husband and I feel very much the same as the two of you about adoption--what a beautiful way for God to bring a family together! We aren't heading there quite yet but likely will be soon, whether or not we are able to get pregnant. The finances seem like such a big barrier, but God is so much bigger. I'm excited to see how he will provide for you!
Post a Comment