Thursday, September 17, 2009

Normal Female, Normal Male!!

"Give thanks to the Lord of hosts, for the Lord is good, for his steadfast love endures forever." Jer 33:11

This news deserved a post of it's own. We received our test results from the geneticist and neither of us have any genetic issues!! Praise the Lord! This has been a huge burden lifted off of our shoulders and now we can continue to move forward in hopes of the great blessing of a baby. We did learn that I am heterozygous for a clotting condition called MTHFR, but so are 40% of Caucasian women. I met with our fertility doc on Tuesday and he said it's nothing to worry about. He's going to put me on high dose folate because this specific factor can rob the body of folate, as well as baby aspirin through my first trimester. Of course, I will be using Nattokinase, which is an enzyme that enhances the body's ability to fight blood clots, thus accomplishing the same purpose as a baby aspirin.

So, we continue to trust in God's plan for our lives and hold onto truth. I have been reading/studying Jeremiah lately, specifically the Lord's promise for restoration of Israel and His people:

"I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and my soul. For thus says the Lord: Just as I have brought all of this great disaster upon this people, so I will bring upon them all the good that I promise them." 32:41-43

"And this city shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and a glory before all the nations of the earth who shall hear of all the good that I do to them." 33:9

He's been really good to us, we are so blessed. So many of you have sent messages of great encouragement to me, and I just want you to know the blessing you have been to the both of us and how the Lord has used your words to confirm what He's doing in us and through us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for praying, we ask for continued prayer for wisdom, steadfastness, and peace. I believe in my heart that good things are coming, this has been a season, but a season that I am so grateful for.

-Cristina

2 comments:

A said...

I have been thinking and praying for you- what great news to receive!! Jeremiah is a wonderful encouragement to us, isn't it?

Kami Van Slyke said...

Praise the Lord! I'm currently reading Jeremiah as well. Sometimes it can be hard to read, but there are definitely some sweet promises as well.