Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Promises

Life can be so very hard, but thank the Lord it's only a "blink of an eye." Sometimes, life feels so fragile and fleeting, then I remember that our hearts are set in eternity.

I am eagerly awaiting the phone call from my mother about what type of cancer my Mimi has. We learned yesterday that it's not only in her stomach, but has spread to other areas. It's been going on for a long time. One type will be treatable, another will take her life. So hard! Yet, I know the Lord is with her this morning, as He always has been. I pray for peace and grace to rest over her! I pray that the Lord spares her life if it's His will! I know He's holding her up with his "righteous right hand."

There are many around her that don't have the same hope. It's so hard for people to understand a God who would allow such a wonderful lady to be struck with a horrible, devastating disease. But those who have a hope, know that the Lord allows suffering and we don't always know why, but we do know that it's to bring glory to His name. He is God, He is good. He promises to never leave us, and I know He's been faithful to that promise!

Please pray for Mimi and pray for my family!

1 comment:

APage said...

Sis-He is truly purifying the Faith of His people for the days ahead. Your heart is beautiful and I'm so blessed by the fragrance of Christ that flows through you. I am praying diligently for you and your family...Love you!