I can't believe I am writing this...this time next weekend Jacob will be done traveling!! What a cause for celebration. Party at our place....just kidding! Friends, it's been a long, lonely Spring/Summer/first month of Fall. Jacob has been traveling every weekend since the end of March. I spend my weeks without him, just me and the pups. Thank goodness for them!
We are SO ready, so thrilled that this is the end! I can't even describe how ready I am. Of course with the end comes prayers for what's next. We are praying that his company keeps him here through the end of the year. We are praying for the plans God has next. If Jacob is sent off on another out of town project, we are trusting God, acting in faith, and he is resigning. That's scary given this economic climate, but we do feel like He's preparing the way for something bigger, already in the works. I can share all of this in a few weeks when we feel like we're at a final decision. We've asked God to BOLDLY show us His plan, and He's definitely giving us that blessing thus far. He's always been faithful, so who would we be to doubt His plan or path?
"Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him and he will act." Psalm 37:5
We trust Him for our future. It's really easy for me to be afraid, I don't do well with change. Let me rephrase....I am terrible with change! This is coming from the woman who multi-tasks in the shower everyday....the same routine. Sick, isn't it? I feel like even in walking down His path, I still need to "gather the necessities" as if God doesn't provide everything we need. In fact, everything we have is his. I am begging him to help me relinquish that need to be in some false sense of control. Because, let me tell you, we are not in control and I know that...but I think I claim to know it, yet don't really believe it deep within my soul. I want to be a woman who sits back and says, "today, Lord is yours and I won't stress, I won't fret, I won't worry......I'll just live for you and seek to glorify you in all I do." Wow, am I thankful that he is full of grace because lately I feel like I need a lot of grace.
We continue to pray for our family, my body is finally normal again. It took a while for hormones to readjust. Another praise! God has purpose even in that. We trust Him and deep in our hearts believe he is going to give us a family.
We are excited to be together again, as husbands and wives should be. Yet, we don't doubt that God had great purpose in our being apart these past months. He's done amazing things as we've had to seek him for everything, as distance kept us from relying on each other. In my loneliness specifically this past week, he's been here with me revealing himself and really encouraging my heart.
So please keep us in your continued prayers, as changes are ahead for the Martins, but as they often are, changes that will surely be great blessings.
-C
1 comment:
I'll surely be praying!! Can't wait to hear how God has revealed His plan to you, and what that plan is!
Post a Comment